Alfajores are new macaroons.
At least for me for sure, and for you will be soon, as soon as you try cooking them, which is very easy and fast. It tastes heavenly tender, melts in your mouth and definitely makes everybody love it and you.
I’ve taken a master class on alfajores from Viki, an argentinian girl, who is now living in and traveling around Mexico, also selling these home-made cookies.
You got to promise me to try making it, OK?!
So let’s do it!
What do we need to buy?
1. Butter – 200 gr., take the best one
2. Flour – 200 gr.
3. White sugar – 150 gr.
4. Corn meal (the one which is very thin and white) – 300 gr.
5. Baking soda and baking powder – on the tip of the knife
6. Egg yolks – 3 pcs.
7. Vanilla essence – 1 ounce
8. Dark rum – 1 ounce
9. Lime skin – from a half of it
10. Dulce de leche (a boiled sugar milk) – 1 can
11. Coconut flakes – 200 gr
So we start with a dough.
The main food hack: first we mix all “wet” ingredients, then add all “dry” ingredients.
Now start adding “dry” ingredients
A #foodhack: if the cookies stick to the pan, try bumping the pan against a table from the side, it will shake them off.